NATURAL WAYS TO CONTROL HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE
Hypertension or high blood pressure means a sustained systolic blood pressure of more than 140 mmHg or a sustained diastolic blood pressure of 90mmHg. Posing a risk for cardiac complications, it is essential to nip the evil in the bud and get a control over high blood pressure as soon as possible.
Diagnosis of a new disease always brings the image of a hoard of medicines piled up at your bedside. Want to avoid having to comply with long term medication plans? This article is going to be all about natural ways to control high blood pressure, without having to go through the irksome experience of taking medicines all the time.
- Go for potassium rich foods like sweet potatoes, tomatoes, peas, bananas, dates, kidney beans, dry fruits etc.
- Reduce the salt intake as it causes an increase in the blood pressure. Go easy on the salt loaded foods like canned food products and processed foods because they contains salts as preservatives.
- And now you have all the healthy reasons to indulge in dark chocolate delight for it contains flavanols that make the vessels more elastic, and thus help in reducing the blood pressure.
- Go on low fat milk products if you want to restrain your climbing blood pressure.
- Substitute your coffee with decaf one because caffeine has been found to have a drastic increase in the blood pressure levels.
- Fructose intake causes prompt increase in blood pressure. Until your blood pressure can be brought to acceptable levels, it is important to avoid sugars and grains. One of the fructose breakdown products, uric acid, causes blood pressure to go haywire by inhibiting nitric oxide that is one of the vasodilators.
- Normalizing the omega 6:3 fatty acids in your diet is crucial. Consumption of Omega 3 oils (flax seed oil, walnut oil, fish oil) should be increased whereas omega 6 oils (corn, soy and canola oils) should be limited.
- Lower your alcohol intake. Alcohol cut down has been found to improve high blood pressure. The lesser the amount of alcohol that you consume, lower will your blood pressure be.
- Herbal tea like that of hibiscus help control the blood pressure. 3 cups a day of hibiscus tea have proved to be extremely beneficial.
- Avoid stress conditions like a day in office with loads of work. Nothing counts more than your health.
- Learn to relax your mind and body. Read a book, listen to music, take a nap; anything that can help you lessen the stress and puts your mind at ease.
- It’s time that you get a grip over your snoring problem if you have it. It has been proved that those who suffer from sleep apnea (difficulty I breathing) have high levels of aldosterone, an enzyme that elevates the blood pressure by causing an increase in the blood volume by sodium retention in the body. So, it is vital to control snoring troubles before it can deteriorate your hypertensive condition.
- Optimize the vitamin D levels of your body and one of the best sources for that is natural sunlight exposure.
- Exercise regularly to reduce obesity. This increases the sensitivity of insulin receptors to insulin and indirectly helps in controlling high blood pressure.
These natural ways to control high blood pressure are not only easier to adopt, they also help in evading the adverse effects caused by medicines like headache, nausea etc. it is important that you get your blood pressure checked regularly so that other complications related with hypertension can be resolved and in case the natural remedial measures fail, you can be given better forms of therapy.